Yesterday I gave a webinar covering the question which role SKOS plays in the linked data game. Just the day before I discovered an interesting white paper published by Fujitsu which clearly states that linked data and SKOS are excellent approaches to ‘create additional value in linking and exploiting big data for business benefit’.
- how to publish SKOS thesauri as linked data
- how to generate SKOS from LOD sources like DBpedia
- how to make use of SKOS thesauri for entity extraction & content enrichment from LOD sources
- how to use linked data mechanisms for collaborative thesaurus management
- how to use SKOS for linked data alignment & better disambiguation